Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Using FileMaker 13 Themes

This topic is 3794 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

No Access? Watch the preview video here. FM13Themes_Pre.mp4
By Matt Petrowsky

Prior to FileMaker 13, my interest in any of FileMaker's default themes was pretty much zero. Being that I personally enjoy the process of designing a nice user interface, I was content with creating, and hacking, whatever user interface I needed. I did this on pretty much every layout, one-by-one, using the Classic theme selected as the default.

Enter the world of FileMaker 13 and my perception of FileMaker themes has now made a full 180. You see, the advantage of custom themes, custom themed objects and the ability to have an unlimited number of these, themed objects that is, makes the process of truly theming a solution an EXTREMELY powerful proposition.

Envision this, your solution needs an update. It's looking a bit tired and some big company, like Apple, releases a new OS. This new OS starts to make your solution look even more tired and you would desperately love to update the look and feel. However, you seriously dread the prospect of walking through hundreds of layouts making individual changes to hundreds of objects - NO THANK YOU! Well, worry no more, this problem is all but solved if you really understand how FileMaker 13 implements new custom themes. If you're still wondering how powerful they are, then make sure to watch this tutorial video for a comprehensive understanding.

View the full article

This topic is 3794 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.