New Configuration - Error 404

This topic is 3762 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to upgrade to MirrorSync 2 from 1.5, but have also upgraded to FMS13.

I have uninstalled FMS12 and re-installed FMS13, which seems to be working fine.

I installed MirrorSync 2 and received a success message.

When creating a new sync configuration and trying to connect to my fresh FMS install to select the database is when I get this error:   java.sql.SQLException, with the error code of 404. I've attached a screenshot of the error message for reference.

Am I missing a step somewhere?

Thanks,

post-64431-0-34872300-1388370123_thumb.p

Hi Karstyn - it sounds like the web publishing engine may not be working on your server. To test it, try this address in your browser (obviously, replace 'yourServer' with your server address):

http://yourServer/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-dbnames

It should give you an XML list of all the open files on your server. If it doesn't ( I suspect you'll get this 404 error ), then it's not a MirrorSync issue, it's an FM Web Publishing Issue. You need to get that working before you'll be able to use MirrorSync.

Hi Jesse,

You are correct, I get the same 404 error when using the Url you provided.

So I un-installed FMS

Deleted the entire FIleMaker Server folder (after removing my DBs!)

Re-Installed FMS

Tested web publishing and it was working. I did notice that web publishing was using https, which I didn't specify anywhere.

Re-Installed MirrorSync 2

Tested web publishing, which is now broken as before. Something odd is going on!

Any ideas?

Thanks Jesse, that's a great offer. This issue is on my home computer but maybe we can have the time difference work for us here if we can arrange a morning call. I'll be traveling all next week but maybe the following week we can connect. Do you want to take this scheduling off the forum? Then one of us can post the resolution to this afterwards.

This topic is 3762 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.