SM and FM12 - DeleteFileOrFolder on a network share

This topic is 3784 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello

I have a folder on an ftpserver where clients upload their data (xml). After uploading it gets moved from the FTP to a (Mac) server in a folder on a share named 'MC Kranten'. Filemaker imports all the XML files that drop into that folder on a timed script. That works just fine.

However, I would like FM to remove the said XML's after importing as they have no use anymore and would only slow down the import process when it's checking for duplicates all the time.

I installed the 360works ScriptMaster, which worked like a charm on my local machine, but now that I have the scripts all running like they should and I'm confident that importing/deleting would good very smooth, it's not deleting from a share.

I'm using a path structure as specified by FM, but it somehow does nothing. Also tried it in the sample database that is provided: local yes, network share... nope.

Is this not possible or am I having a 'duh' moment (again).

Thanks!!

Update:

Joe (360works) made it work. The file path (on Mac) has to start with /Volumes/ when accessing a network share.

I did try that and filemac:/, file:/, full server path, IP/share etc etc, but a simple typo (the capital 'V' in volumes was

what went wrong. Really stupid. But fixed now and working like a charm!

Thanks again Joe for fixing this, and john for trying to help!

This topic is 3784 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.