Getting movie time and frame from a container field

This topic is 3752 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

(My first post to this forum - if I've misplaced this question please let me know and I'll happily move to a more appropriate folder.)

I'm trying to build a database that I can use to log video footage. I've a system that seems to be working for me so far, but there's a couple of tools that would be extremely useful to me and I can't find any way to make them happen.

Attached is an image of what it looks like at the moment.

post-110248-0-09077400-1389592673_thumb.

I've got one entry for each film clip. I can name it, give it tags for people who appear in the clear or themes, make some notes about the type of shot and location, etc. 

One of the key features is the portal on the right. I go through each clip, stop at significant moments, take a frame grab, and post it in a related table table that has the frame, the time, and a short description.

At the moment I'm taking the frame grabs manually using Command-Shift-Control-4, area select, click, and then pasting that into the small container field. Then I manually enter the time and the optional description.

What I really want is a function or plug in that lets me pause the video, press a button, and be able to get the current time of a movie in a container field, and capture the current frame.

The Troi plug-in can get timecode but only from an external file and it needs to be proper timecode format, which is not part of DSLR footage. And it can't get the image of a specific frame.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks
Adam

post-110248-0-09077400-1389592673_thumb.

360 works has a plugin; ScriptMaster, where you can build functions to do, what you need.

Regarding the timecode; If Troi File can't get it, there is probably none in the file. And then you can't get it from another plugin as well.

If you are using FM13, then take a look at the enhanced features for getting meta data from the file in the container field. GetContainerAttribute function.

• Newbies

There is timecode and there is Timecode. It should be possible to get the current playback head position using one format or another. 

The FM13 GetContainerAttribute has very few movie-related properties. It's mostly for images.

I futzed with EXIFtool to generate a CSV file with the attributes I needed concerning the format, duration, ISO, WB, etc.  What I need now is to find something that is capturing data from the playback not the metadata.

I'll have a look at the 360Works plug in to see if I'm able to generate thumbnails with it. Thanks

This topic is 3752 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.