Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Open a file with FMPA on FMSA Machine

Brooks

This topic is 3766 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hoping there is a solution to this. I host my vertical market solution on my own servers for my clients and I run updates once a month. I have built an update engine that backs up, closes file, takes the file off the server, runs an import process, saves as compacted and then puts new file back in the hosted directory and opens it. This is all automated except for 1 issue. I get the pop up dialog from FMPA that file can not be shared because another user is sharing . This is because I am running on the same machine as the FMSA 13, which I need to do because Im using the command line to control the server for this process.  Is there a way to disable the sharing check on the FMPA  to stop the message? OR is there a way the automatically acknowledge the message through a  script? My thoughts were some sort of windows script that could be called just before opening the files, but wanted to check here before I going down this road.

Never Mind. It wasn’t so hard. I just used  autohotkey to make a script that waits 10 seconds and sends the return key script, and called it with the send command script right before opening the local file. However if someone knows of a built in way please still share!

This topic is 3766 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.