Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Script to trigger generate email

wj2826

This topic is 3752 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I’m looking for a solution to run a script weekly where it will check base on a field (date),The script will also generate report for records that the date is less than 180 days from today date, and will email out the report to the designate email address

Can the script run on filemaker pro version standalone or it must be on server version ?

Wanted to check can this be done before i going down the road to figure out the solution.

Thanks.

WJ

• Newbies

Hi Fitch, thanks for your answer. May i know how to schedule the script? it is configure it on the PC that installed with Filemaker?

I plan to deploy the Filemaker pro in office environment and the users will access the file from a share drive.

No no no, do NOT access the file from a shared drive. This is a well known way to corrupt a FileMaker file.

The file should be on one workstation. That machine's copy of FileMaker Pro will act as the server. Other users will use FileMaker's Open Remote command to access the file.

Here are three ways I can think of to schedule your script:

1. Use a FileMaker Install OnTimer Script.

2. Use Window task scheduler to launch a FileMaker file, which has a startup script that runs your processs and then closes until the next run.

3. Have a startup script in your main file, so when users log in, it asks if they wish to run the process. Or something like that.

This topic is 3752 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.