Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Viewing Container content Windows 7

Paul Grogan

This topic is 3731 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a client system which includes the collection of proof of delivery signatures using iPhones. The system is hosted on a server. The client has a mixture of Macs, XP and now Windows 7 users.

The signatures are copied from the iPhone sub system into the main database using a server side script on a regular schedule.

The signatures are visible on macs using the system, and were also visible on PC's using XP,  but since the client upgraded to Windows 7 the signatures show the icons of the signature file only on the upgraded PCs.

Is there something I can do about this? I have tried changing the default viewer for .png files in Windows to other applications (e.g. Quicktime. This changes the icon visible in the container field to a quicktime icon but doesn't render the image.)

New signatures are imported into the main Delivery Docket table using:

Set Field [DDocH::Signature;DDocHi::Signature]  where DDocHi::Signature was collected on an iPhone using Filemaker Go 12

The container Signature in DDodH was originally set to hold the signature. It has since been set to External(Secure) storage.

In both cases the signature (container) field did not render (ie. shows file name only) when the client operating system was changed to Windows 7.

This topic is 3731 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.