Have text content adjust depending on size of field

argwallace

This topic is 3744 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I am using FMA12 for Mac. I have a text field that grows when the screen size grows by using the layout anchors. I would like to have have my content inside of a text remain on a single line. If it goes beyond one line, I'd like it to display the text, and truncate the remainder with "..." at the end so the user knows there is more data in the field. I know I can use a calculation based on text length, but my issue is having different users with different screen sizes and adjusting on the fly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Stephen

No, at least not how you describe what you want. A hack would look something like my attachment. Using a mono font like Monaco and the Length Function along with Custom Formatting you might be able to get the look?

You might look at some of the suggestions of recent similar needs. I just did this search in google and I think it would be as good of place to start as any. Text Size

I prefer to use a scroll bar.

12_textSize.fmp12.zip

Thanks, Lee. I figured as much. I definitely don't want to go the hacking route to avoid complexity in development for the future. I make some other modifications to my layout and fonts to make the text more legible on smaller screens. Thanks for the info!

Regards. Stephen

This topic is 3744 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.