Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Adding a script trigger to a pop-up memu

This topic is 3715 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a pop-up menu that uses a value list of customer names that inputs the customer ID into the field instead. I have used a pop-up menu instead of a drop-down list to hide the customer IDs. When the customer record has been finished it is saved, for security reasons, and locked down by using script triggers to prevent any user changing the fields.

My problem is that I can't setup a script trigger to lock the pop-up menu from being changed, this means that even if the record is locked, the customer name/ID can be changed and this breaks the whole point of securing the record.

I'm still new to filemaker so any help would be appreciated :twitch:

Why don't you make the pop up menu a button which will run a script which simply commits the data IF a name has already been selected. This will render clicking on the pop up menu useless as it will just commit the data instead of giving the user the option to change the value.

• Newbies

Yes, that is basically what I've done, I made it a button which runs the script: if the record is locked (set to "Completed") show dialog box, commit records, halt script. else go to customer ID field - which shows the pop-up menu. Thanks for the helpful reply.

This topic is 3715 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.