Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Printing portal records

etsmarines

This topic is 3696 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi etsmarines,

Portals, like other interactive layout elements such a buttons, are not ideal for printing (as you've discovered).  Better to design a report layout from the context of the related table (i.e., the one whose records are displayed in the portal in question).  You can design a "summary-style" report to show information from each parent record above groups of child records, as desired.  Lastly, if you need to isolate the specific set of records displayed in a single parent record's portal, you can use a Go To Related Record script step to do so.

hth,

Mark

P.S.  Since this question is not specific to the new features of FileMaker 13, you may wish to move it from the FileMaker 13 Platform sub-forum (where, mostly, users discuss the latest and greatest features of the brand new release) to the "Portals" sub-forum (under the "Presentation Layer" category), or even the "Reports, Printing & Publication" sub-forum.  (Can the OP move his/her own post?  I'm not sure.)  I say this only because you may get more responses over there.  I'm not sure how many forumers browse for interesting posts by sub-forum, but I suspect a lot of us do.

This topic is 3696 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.