Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Import From SQL Server -- Only 3 Records?!

This topic is 3680 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Greetings,

My first post in this forum. I am hoping that anyone more experienced than me in FileMaker may have run into this weird nuance when trying to import records into FileMaker 11 on the Mac via ODBC.

I have an ODBC connection to an SQL Server database, BETA1. I've confirmed that I'm using the latest ODBC drivers from Actual. In BETA1, there are a series of tables that aren't very wide nor deep, save for a few history tables. 

I am currently running FileMaker Pro 11 on my Mac. I created a new database. In the Relationships screen, I added a table, Prefix, to my FM database. The table definition appears to mirror what I see in the SQL Server Management Studio on my Parallels virtual Windows machine. So I know I have connectivity from FM to SQL Server.

The weirdness happens when I try to browse the records from Prefix. SQL Server Management Studio confirms there are 60 records in Prefix. When I scroll through the records, one at a time, in FM, it literally goes like this...

1 of 60, 2 of 60, 3 of 3.

57 records disappear on the FM side. But I can still see the records in the Management Studio. So FM doesn't delete anything on the SQL Server side. It only deletes what it thinks it can or cannot see.

I have tinkered through almost all the settings and options for tables, fields, relationships, layout, etc. I cannot resolve this. Even when I try to do an Import instead of adding an external table, it only imports THREE records.

Has anyone else run into this? I'll keep tinkering blindly, but if anyone can show me how to clear this up, it would make the next steps in our project feasible.

Thanks,

Richard

• Newbies

Thanks for that. Found the Licenses button in the ODBC config screen and entered our key there. Funny that the drivers don't actually prompt you that the drivers aren't registered yet. They just behave weird. LOL. Thanks again...

This topic is 3680 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.