Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Checkbox question

andy85

This topic is 3693 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

This is my first post in FM Forum and just started using Filemaker days ago.

I would like to register some selected products from the market to recommend that for clients. This way I created 2 (3) tables, 

Table 1 - Register Manufacturers

Table 2 - Register Products

Table 3 - Help table for categories according to the tutorial http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5833/~/creating-conditional-value-lists

In table 1 I would like to register product as attached drawing shows, I woud like to achive with some checkbox all together. (This will be about 50 checkboxes)

In table 2 I want to register the products via sub categories - kind of filtering (tutorial). I use pop-up menus for this. Finally when I select the manufacturer from pop-up menu I could select the Manufacturers that produce Computer parts only.

The problem is:

Table 1 uses checkbox and each checkbox means one Field with the record of Yes/No

Table 2 uses pop-up menus, and selects Records

The question is how to connect Field (yes/no) with Records when I register a product and proper manufacturer for that.

Currently I use Lynda for learning I would be appreciated if someone could suggest some "tags" to accomplish.

post-110765-0-60409500-1396273854_thumb.

post-110765-0-46185400-1396273864_thumb.

HI Andy, welcome to FMForums!  :laugh2:

Right off the bat, you say you have 50 checkboxes.  

Table 1 uses checkbox and each checkbox means one Field with the record of Yes/No

Table 2 uses pop-up menus, and selects Records

I suggest that you post your file for structural review.  You do NOT want 50 checkboxes; neither do you want a field with Yes/No responses because that means you have FIELDS for your questions instead of records.

By posting your file and getting direction on how to establish your file, you will get a good start otherwise you will dead-end and your efforts will be wasted when you have to 'unravel your knitting' and start again.

We will help you with it but we need to see what you have so we know how to best assist you in moving forward.  Zip your file before posting.

This topic is 3693 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.