Save Copy As does not show folder options?

LaRetta

This topic is 3670 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Attached is a screen shot of my attempt to save a file to a folder.

Sometimes, FM identifies that I'm working in a folder on my desktop (eventually) and, when this box opens, it lists that folder down below so I can just select it.  But sometimes no matter what I do, I cannot get it to save the file where I want it.  I end up having to save it to my desktop and then moving it. 

Situation:  I have a folder on my desktop with an FM file in it.  I double-click to open the FM file and then select Save As.  But it will not show that folder for me to specify saving a copy into the same folder on my desktop.

If I select Desktop, it wants to save it there.  If I select MBP15 (which I'm currently on), it wants to save it there (at the root?) and it does not provide additional folders from which to choose.  How can I force FM to open the directory listing so I can save my file where I choose?

Eventually, by some unknown magic, if I'm working in a folder on my desktop long enough, it will end up appearing at the bottom of the list under Recent Places.  I would think opening an FM file from a folder should make it appear in this 'recent' list but it does not.  I'm new to Mac and sometimes it is the little things which drive us nuts!

post-59345-0-44516300-1396461929_thumb.p

What you're seeing now is the condensed version of the dialog box with just the necessities. Click the button with the downward-pointing triangle (next to the filename field) to make the complete dialog appear.

Well for goodness sakes - I tried every triangle but that one, since that was just for naming the file (I thought).  Switching for Windows to Mac has, in most part, made things easier but sometimes the little things can still trip me up.  

Thank you, Oliver!!  :laugh2:

This topic is 3670 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.