Server Maintenance This Week. ×

After Upgrade fm FM11 to FM12 - old SC images will not load

This topic is 3676 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a client that had their FM11 server crash - not sure which version of SC it had on it, but my guess it hadn't been upgraded in a couple of years. They built a new FM12 server and upgraded to the latest version of SC, and updated all of the SC plugins on the users computers as well, latest java, etc. The new server has the same name and IP as the old server.

Uploading documents works fine, the issue is that documents uploaded prior to the crash will not open. The SC path in an old document record and a new one look identical until they get to the dynamic folder structure, but the base paths are the same. They get a SuperContainer folder path error message.

I see a mention in the new SC docs that the SC URL has changed, but I not seeing what the difference is - or why a recent upload works and an old one doesn't even though they have the same URL format. 

Yes, they did move over the old /SuperContainer/Files/ folder structure and new uploads are being placed in this same structure.

Old non-working example URL:

http://{client.server.com}/SuperContainer/Files/112-71-307/otherdoc/022147223/CMillerTB.pdf

New working URL:

http://{client.server.com}/SuperContainer/Files/201-92-682/employment/060557195/ZOu.pdf

Any ideas?

What is the "SuperContainer folder path error message" they are getting? Are they getting these error messages when interacting with a SuperContainer web viewer? Or are these error messages coming from the SuperContainer Companion plugin?

It is possible that permissions are preventing the SuperContainer server from reading the files that were migrated over from the old server. Can you confirm that the permissions are the same for files that can be accessed and files that cannot be accessed?

This topic is 3676 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.