Designing a layout with tabbed windows?

This topic is 8174 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everyone!

I'm fairly new to FM Pro, using 3.0. I'm designing a database for a possible small business, and I see a design feature I'd like to use but I have no idea how it's done. Here is the example:

One of the templates in 3.0 is an inventory system. (Go to File - New - click on Create a New File Using a Template - Select Business, the Inventory System is in there). The Inventory System creates three files. My question has to do with the file titled "Product Sales".

There are two tabs on this design, one called Sales and one called Customer and Shipping. FWIW, these are similar to the ones at the top of Apple.com, or on Adobe or Macromedia's palettes. In the FM example, clicking on the Sales tab brings up that layout, and clicking on the Customer and Shipping tab brings up that layout, very much like that palettes in Photoshop. HOW??? I can not find any scripts in this file that do this, and it's not a feature from some future version (it is in the 3.0 templates, after all).

I've looked and looked but no ideas, so I warmly welcome any help!

Best wishes,

Russ Conte

The tabs are just graphical opbject on the layouts. The reason you don't see a script step, is that you can use the Format --> Button menu option (in layout mode) to assign many commands directly to a button without writing a script. One of these is "Go to Layout".

-bd

This topic is 8174 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.