Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Container Field Calculation - Quicktime

This topic is 3671 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is there a way to tell a container what it is holding after a file has already been inserted into it (file or Quicktime)?  My goal is to be able to insert a song into a container by calculation (ideally) or by script (if necessary) and have it appear as quicktime, so it can be played back directly in the container.

The song is already stored in Supercontainer or in another container field as a file, not as quicktime.

The only way I can see how to do this is by having a script that first exports the file from Supercontainer or the other container field onto the desktop and then reimports it using Insert Quicktime.

Is there a way to do this that wouldn't require exporting to desktop first? And ideally is there a way to do this as a calculation rather than as a script?

Thanks for any ideas!

Two comments.

#1) yes this can be done using the supercontainer plugin, either client side or on the server.

It's not obvious that there is a plugin also available since you can do it all thru a web viewer, but there is.  I did this a number of years ago, partially because we wanted to convert a supercontainer solution over to the new document storage in filemaker 12.

http://static.360works.com/plugins/SuperContainer/plugin-documentation.html

#2) Why not just show a web viewer on your layout that shows the supercontainer item?  That way you don't even have to move it into a filemaker container.

This topic is 3671 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.