Trailing Grand Summary not displaying header field (but Leading Grand Summary does)

RyanESmith7

This topic is 3679 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

I have a report that shows a bunch of detail records in the body, and in the "Leading Grand Summary", it displays a Notes field from the header table that the detail records are related to.

My customer asked me to move that Notes field to the end of the report. Seemed simple enough. Unfortunately, that field is blank if it is in the Trailing Grand Summary, the Footer or the Title Footer. Is there any reason for this behavior and is there any way to fix it?

(I have included screenshots of where this field is currently when it works)

Thank you,

Ryan

post-107995-0-99686800-1398212490_thumb.

post-107995-0-03084900-1398212500_thumb.

it displays a Notes field from the header table that the detail records are related to.

Are you sure ALL the records included in the report are related to the same parent record in the header table? A field in the trailing grand summary part displays data from the last record in the found set - or in your case, the data from the parent of the last record in the found set.

• Like 1

Just a follow up... that was indeed the problem. My report had multiple header records. Fortunately, I had another table above those, so I moved that Notes field to the top level header and it works perfectly, now.

Thank you, comment.

This topic is 3679 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.