Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Supercontainer companion plugin crashes FileMaker Pro 13 on Windows 7

This topic is 3643 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I'm posting this here as I tried to open a support ticket via e-mail: since 2 weeks it seems e-mails sent to support just end up in a black-hole (not getting any ticket reference number or acknowledgement of any kind)

We are experiencing issues on a PC running FileMaker Pro 13 that continuously crashes when attempting to activate the SuperContainer companion plugin. We tried to update java to the latest version and the plugin version is also the latest available.

As soon as the FileMaker client is opened (even with no database open) it closes with no error message (nothing shows in the windows logs but I found a java log file in the FileMaker install directory).

If we delete the plugin from the local user’s extension folder FileMaker 13 runs normally. It is also loading ScriptMaster and a bunch of other plugins fine.

This problem does not occur with FileMaker Pro 12, which is installed on the same client and using the same companion plugin.

If you need the log file I can send it privately as it would seem it contains bits of confidential information.

Thanks!

CPU:total 4 (2 cores per cpu, 2 threads per core) family 6 model 42 stepping 7, cmov, cx8, fxsr, mmx, sse, sse2, sse3, ssse3, sse4.1, sse4.2, popcnt, avx, aes, ht, tsc, tscinvbit

Memory: 4k page, physical 3086704k(1235468k free), swap 7714456k(5306104k free)

vm_info: Java HotSpot Client VM (24.51-b03) for windows-x86 JRE (1.7.0_51-b13), built on Dec 18 2013 19:09:58 by "java_re" with unknown MS VC++:1600

I apologize for the support system not responding to your emails. To what address are you sending the emails? Do you have any other open tickets?

As for the actual issue, you have the latest SuperContainer Companion plugin, but what versions of other plugins are you using? Are all of these same plugins installed for both FMP13 and FMP12, or is there a difference in them?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Hi Joe,

I'm sending support requests to support [-at-] 360works.com and to plugins [-at] 360works.com too.

I believe I have a couple of open support tickets.

The other plugins installed are ScriptMaster, JDBC and MBS. All are at their latest versions. The only one crashing FileMaker 13 is SuperContainer Companion.

FileMaker 12 does not crash with the same plugins.

I have yet to try to upgrade to Pro 13.0v3, will try that tomorrow.

Thanks

This topic is 3643 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.