ODBC client returns Field restriction error

This topic is 3630 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have an fp5 database on a Windows 7 server running FM Server 5.5.

I've written a .NET client to access the fp5 remotely from another PC via ODBC. The PC has FM 6 and I do an Open Remote on the fp5 before running the .NET application...all of the Sharing preferences are configured correctly.

This has been working perfectly for several months.

Today, when attempting to perform an INSERT, I get "Field restriction error" returned by the ODBC driver and a partial record is inserted (auto populated fields contain their expected data but the data I need to insert is not there).

The connection is working and the SQL is being submitted successfully (I can purposefully misspell a field name and the ODBC driver will expectedly return - "Field not found").

I have admin rights, and it looks like the password I'm using has its privileges set correctly for full access and all fields are accessible.

Any ideas as to what would lead to this error?

Thanks in advance.

Does the rogue field have any field validation rules or record-level restrictions set?

Your setup is so far out of support parameters that I would not count on things working correctly though...

• Newbies

Update: we never figured out the reason for the field-restriction error. We replaced the fp5 file with a backup copy and everything worked as normal. Possibly the fp5 was corrupt??

This topic is 3630 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.