Making an Object Visible based on portal results.

This topic is 3627 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a table called Services

I have another table called Versions.

This table services has a portal into the Version table and shows all software versions associated to a given service. So for example if I am on Service A the portal window shows all Versions of software that are part of that service.

I have conditional formatting setup so that a version row is out of date in more than a year it is filled in green

If it is out of date in less that 6 months it is filled in Amber.

If it is already out of date it is filled in Red.

It looks at the support date field and compares it to the system date and colors it accordingly.

Some services show lots of record in the portal with greens and reds and ambers...some with all red.... some with all green... some with all green and maybe on one red.

I want to create a quick score card at the top of the Service Page that says if any fields in the portal are red it will show  a red square at the top of the layout no in the portal. If any are green it will also show a green square on the layout at the top and the same with the amber. 

So i want to be able to scroll through the services layout and see a possibility of Green, Amber or Red or a combination of the three depending on what the conditional formatting looks like in the portal.

The question is.... how to do it.... thanks again! 

The question is.... how to do it.... thanks again! 

One approach would be to move the status calculation out of the CF and into the Versions table, where e.g. in the unstored calc field

Versions::statusCode

you'd combine the calculations from the CF, but now resulting in a text value instead of a Boolean, e.g. "C", "B", "A".

Use this field for the CF of the portal row (Versions::statusCode = "A" …etc)

To produce your score card, an expression like

PatternCount ( List ( Versions::statusCode ) ; "A" )

and "B", "C", respectively, will give you the Boolean result to show/hide the colour boxes. 

This topic is 3627 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.