Unable to remove deleted script

This topic is 3596 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

Weird behavoir. I have tried to delete a script in Manage Scripts but the script name still remains with zero content in the script. When I try to delete the name and  select Delete I get an error message that says "The Script can not be found or has been deleted"

This is in FMPA 11.0v4 Anyone know of a fix ?

I've seen a similar issue where I couldn't rearrange scripts. I'd drag a script to a new position and it would move successfully but when I closed out of the script list and returned it was in its original position.

In my case the problem turned out to be that the file was corrupted, and your issue sounds like it's probably the same thing. Back the file up and then perform a recovery on it (File>Recover…). See if the problem persists in the recovered file and if not, you're probably good to go. Many developers recommend that you don't continue using a recovered file, however, and instead take the data from a recovered file and import it into a known good backup. It is safer that way.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck, I did as you suggested and lo and behold, the script names disappeared. I have a problem taking the data to a known good backup as the new file contains all the new tables, fields and scripts, non of the backups do so I'm just going to have to run with this.

This topic is 3596 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.