Prevent Field Highlighting

This topic is 8096 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have 2 portals on a layout, whenever I click the first portal to show the related records in the second, all enterable fields Highlight this ugly color. Also they all highlight when entering data in those fields. is there anyway to prevent highlighting and keep the ability to enter data in the portal fields?

ok, probably should have clarified that, The two portals are not touching nor are they directly related. What I mean to say is, If I click a buttin in portal 1, the other portals records all highlight. ALSO, if I click in a field in the local layout all the fields in portal #2 highlight.

They aren't really highlighted. Whenever you click in a field (any field) FMP automatically "outlines" all the other fields on the layout to show you where they are. Fields in portals also get highlighted.

Try changing the portal colour (change colour or remove all colour) or even the background colour and see if that stops it from looking like the portal is highlighted.

They aren't really highlighted. Whenever you click in a field (any field) FMP automatically "outlines" all the other fields on the layout to show you where they are. Fields in portals also get highlighted.

Try changing the portal colour (change colour or remove all colour) or even the background colour and see if that stops it from looking like the portal is highlighted.

If you don't need to be able to enter data directly from the protals, just select the fields and change them NOT to allow data entry. They won't "outline" when something is selected in the layout.

I came up with a work around that seems to do the trick. I removed the ability to enter into the fields on the portal, then applied an invisible button across the whole portal row. When clicked it sets a global filed to create a realationshi with that specific record in the current DB. I then have a seperate box to enter the info I need. Simple, effective, and it looks good too.

This topic is 8096 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.