Anyone Running FMS 13 on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard?

This topic is 3599 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Does anyone have experience deploying FileMaker Server 13 on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition? FMI only supports the non-R2 Standard Edition, but my client's IT department only has R2 VMs. If anyone's tried this I was wondering if they've experienced any issues.

FWIW WebDirect is not a requirement in this deployment.

Thanks in advance!

Hmmm, nobody has tried running FileMaker Server 13 on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition?  Okay, let me try a different question.

Has anyone tried running FileMaker Server 13 on Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Enterprise Edition? Standard Edition is supported by FMI but it limits the number of CPUs to 4 and since the whole idea of hosting this particular database with FMS 13 is to take advantage of Perform Script On Server I'd like to know that I have the option of more CPUs if I find they can improve performance on server side routines.

Thanks again in advance for any info.

http://1drv.ms/1pXZuiv

We run FMS 13 on 2012 R2 Standard at  our side business without any issues.

(I am sure from your credentials, you know about the process below, but I posted it here for some who may not know of other methods to serve a FM solution).

We run it in a virtual desktop environment. The user connects to Server -  #2 in photo and gets a virtual desktop and that connects them to the FMS 13 - #1 in photo.

By doing this the user is contained within our network which is set up for 10g (waiting for the switches to come down in price), this helps with security, and since all activity will happen within our 10g network...speed is determined by how fast their Internet connection can refresh the screen image to them (as our network presents the data in a blink of the eye), and not relying on a slow method to push out the information.

And what is really nice about this setup, is that we do not have to worry about what type of device or environment the user is coming from.

We can also make our solution as complex as we want...because we serve the data within our network.

We run FMS 13 on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard  /  2 - 12 core Xeon processors / 192 Gigs of ram / Cat 7 / 10g nics / RAID 6

So far running 25 DB's and over 100 remote users...no problems.

http://1drv.ms/1pXZuiv

My husband does all the network stuff (so that is about all I know of how it works)...I write the DB.

Michelle

This topic is 3599 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.