Validate Web viewer: image or no image

MacB

This topic is 3573 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all...

I am going to change our method of displaying High-ress Tiff-files, 22.000,stored on a Apple server, in Filemaker.

Right now we use a import-method where Filemaker server grabs the (new or altered) images from a dropbox-like directory. This works okay but it's a lot of hassle and takes quite some scripting.

In the new workflow i want to do this:

- i know the max. number of product images 

- i know their exact name

- i know where they are stored.

I calculate the URL ( based on a static path, productcode and the imagename suffix) and show it in a web-viewer: this enables us to dump the images in the central server directory and not to worry: if it's there it will show, as long as we keep to the naming-convention.

If it's NOT there a missing/broken imagelink will display and that looks very sloppy. Is there a way to calculate an alternative ("image is missing") image that shows in case theimage is NOT available on the server?

Marcel.

Thx…i willl have a look.

The problem is that the webviewer is not a field :-(
I tried to validate the web viewer URL with a isempty statement but that was a no go….i am designer, not a programmer ;-)

The problem is that the webviewer is not a field

I am well aware of that. What I am suggesting is that you use a calculation field (with the result type set to Container) instead of a web viewer. Otherwise your question is an HTML question, not a Filemaker one (and I don't know the answer to that one).

i am designer, not a programmer

So? I am neither, and I manage....

This topic is 3573 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.