This topic is 2600 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

In Filemaker 13 the RUNTIME ERRORS are occuring more and more why? Do anybody have any idea to solve it. I have observed theat when I did any chnages to a layout and came to BROWSE mode when the layout not able to load its simply showing "Runtime Error" and when I click on that error dialogbox the application get crashed. When I open that file again its open with out any error but when I navigate to that particular layout where I had faced the Runtime Error the Filemaker again shows the same error and get crashed. Then I take a new file from last backup and then remember what changes I have done on the layout and not to do that again. But I am loosing all my recent modificationssad.gif .

The issue is showing like the screenshot attached.

**This issues have been seen whenever there are over lapping of few objects or miss alignments of objects (mostly Popovers, Slide Controls). The crashing of files are mostly seen when its fails to load contains of a Popover or Slide controls.

Please any suggestions to handle this.

with best regards,

Manjit

This topic is 2600 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Answers
      Hi All,
      Our database has properties and for each property there are multiple inspections per appliance,  sometimes year to year sometimes quarterly. Anyway, we want the technicians in the field who are using iPads to view the history per property by swiping just to make it simple. Every swipe would be a different inspection for that property viewed in chronological order. Property part is "static" while they "page" or swipe through the inspections.
      I was thinking a slide control would work nicely, and each slide would be a different record for that property. I'm looking for ideas to jumpstart my thought processes,  apparently my brain is having a hard time functioning today (and it's only Tuesday!).  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
      Thank you,
      Caroline
    • By 360Works
      FileMaker Migration Assistant Tool vs. Manual:
      Best Practices to Migrate Changes to a Live FileMaker Server

Tips from 360Works Senior Developer and Product Manager, Joe Martin
      In the past, FileMaker developers haven't had many options for rolling out new changes to their live databases. Even if you were cautious, and did your development in a separate Dev copy of your production file, it was difficult to migrate these changes to your production file.

You could roll your own deployment workflow, scripting FileMaker imports for each table in your solution, and update this workflow whenever you added new tables or fields. These imports are slow and tedious though, and most of us would simply make the changes directly in the live file.
      With the release of FileMaker 17, FileMaker came out with the FMDataMigration tool, completely replacing the need for using FileMaker native imports to move your data around. Here at 360Works, we built 360Deploy around the FMDataMigration tool to streamline and completely automate its use, making development changes a tedium free experience.

In today's article, we will walk you through how to do both options so you can determine which is right for you.
      See the Article Now  
      Stay updated with 360Works

360Works
      General Questions: plugins@360Works.com
      Need Support? Email: support@360Works.com

Just want to know more about 360Deploy? Skip the article. Product page here: https://www.360works.com/filemaker-deploy-versions/
      Complete list of ALL the things 360Works has to help your FileMaker Development here: https://www.360works.com/products/
    • By Mark Stuller
      Wondering if anyone knows what to make of these errors:
      Reply-To: mirrorsync_noreply@360works.com
      To: admin-sync-bfs@oda.state.or.us
      Subject: Sync failed for config 'BeFoodSafe5' running on 10.0.4.57

Oct 13, 2016 12:42:36 PM com.prosc.mirror.config.server.SyncServer$3 call
      SEVERE: Sync between filemaker8.oda.state.or.us / BeFoodSafe5 (FileMaker Server) and sschwab iPad BeFoodSafe( username 'developer', running Go_iPad 15.0.2 on 107.77.213.218, ping time: 476 ms, machine name: 'sschwab' )
      Last sync failed: com.prosc.sync.AbortException: Sync was interrupted/canceled while waiting for client to receive HTTP message. Reason: Sync was canceled because remote user started a new sync on the same device.

Oct 13, 2016 2:48:29 PM com.prosc.mirror.config.server.SyncServer$3 call
      SEVERE: Sync between filemaker8.oda.state.or.us / BeFoodSafe5 (FileMaker Server) and sschwab iPad BeFoodSafe( username 'developer', running Go_iPad 15.0.2 on 107.77.213.218, ping time: 735 ms, machine name: 'sschwab' )
      Last sync failed: com.prosc.sync.AbortException: com.prosc.sync.AbortException: Sync was interrupted/canceled while waiting for client to receive HTTP message. Reason: Sync was canceled because the remote user's session expired. This probably means that their device was turned off, lost network access, or exited FileMaker.

Thanks for your help.

• By Nancy
      Hello - 
      I searched what I could but I am completely new to these forums so I apologize if I missed another thread.
      My question is whether it is feasible for a FM professional to take over an existing server given how customizable I understand it to be. Also, assuming it is, where would I go about contacting and vetting said professionals?
      I can give more information about or specific Filemaker system and current support person as needed.
      Thanks in advance 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.