This topic is 2591 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.
By Donald Clark
I have a FileMaker server 13.v10 database solution that changed somehow during development and now does not display several WebDirect objects properly.
For starters, the text shows up as white on a white background, which it did not do before. We have been and are using the Cool Grey theme.
Other problems with display:
1. 3 value lists will not display: One a regular list from a set of values, another list from a related layout, and a third a filtered list from another layout. Another value list works normally
2. A picture in a container field (locally stored, not external yet) does not show.
3. A filtered, sorted portal does not show the records, nor are they accessible in the portal. The filtering and sorting are straightforward.
We have tried several things to correct the issue:
1. Made a new layout, grouped everything together and paste it on the new layout.
2. Made a new layout and made the fields and portal from scratch.
3. Simplified and changed the relationships to the portal
4. Substituted simplified relationships for the value lists (just for testing.
5. Tried the db on FM Server 16 and made most of the changes above, nothing was different.
6. Used Dropdowns, Popups, and radio buttons, no change in behavior
7. We had FMDiff examine the db for corruption, but they found no problems, so file corruption is not an issue. We also compacted the db in order to reindex all indexed fields, but that did not help.
Everything works fine using FM client. Only WebDirect has problems.
A photo showing the problems on WebDirect is attached, as is a photo showing the fields properly displayed in FileMaker Client. Please forgive the look and feel; the photos show the layout as we made changes and are troubleshooting.
Has anyone seen this before? Do you have any ideas how to fix it?
Thanks for your help.
So, We have a unix admin working on our Mac OSX server. I specifically instructed them not to break our Filemaker 13 Apache install. Well it looks like they worked on the machine but broke one thing.
Does anyeone know where I should look to fix this?
Webserver servers files fine from the Filemaker HTTP Folders.
Filemaker WebDirect works fine.
PHP is working.
PHP is indicated as ON in FMSA Admin.
Admin pages at http://localhost:16001/admin-consolework fine.
Admin screen shows green on Webserver. Indicates PHP is enabled.
This is the only thing that is not working:
Previous PHP pages which has successfull connection to databases no longer connect to the database.
I assume that a reference to filemaker somehow got removed from one of the php config files, but I don't know where.
Can anyone give me an idea where to look?
Basically, I want to have a Public area of the site which never asks for authentication, and a members-only are which does, but I don't want to confuse the Public by making them click the [Guest] button ever.
By Jason H
I'm trying to find out if its possible to create a web based FileMaker 13 solution (WebDirect) where I can remotely upload files to the db and someone else can remotely download those files.
All the reading that I have been doing with regards to WebDirect doesn't touch on containers at all.
Is this scenario possible and what would be the basics of making it happen (how to initiate an upload or downlaod, contain setup, etc)
I'm looking to setup a solution for sales reps via WebDirect to where each sales rep can login but only be able to view records assigned to them.
How difficult would this be to setup?
Right now I have a layout that has a drop down with each sales rep name. Could I make additional layouts and have some sort of identifier for each sales rep and then when they log in with their user, that user is only allowed access to that layout/records?