This topic is 3542 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi There,

I need some help with performing a calculation on a field in a table based on the contents of another field in the same table.

The field I want base my calculation on is call Status whose content comes from a radio button set in a layout.

The radio button set has three options Outstanding, Won and Lost.

So I created a field called Outstanding set Type to Calculation and inserted the calculation: Case(Status = "Outstanding";1;0).

When I display the field in a report all the rows show the value as 0 when at least 50% of the should display 1 and the Status field displays one of the three options.

Then when I modified the calculation to use a different field (Sales Person) with a value of "JQ" it works as expected.

So my question is when performing the calculation based on a Radio Button Set do you have to base it on the Option Number and not the value.

I hope this makes sense.

Kind regards, Mark.

If the calculation returns 0, then Status ≠ "Outstanding". Which means that your data is not what you think it is. It could contain other values that are not displayed because the field is formatted as a radio button set. Or a trailing space or carriage return. Or any kind of garbage.

---

BTW,

Case(Status = "Outstanding";1;0)

is a superfluous way to write:

Status = "Outstanding

If the calculation returns 0, then Status ≠ "Outstanding". Which means that your data is not what you think it is. It could contain other values that are not displayed because the field is formatted as a radio button set. Or a trailing space or carriage return. Or any kind of garbage.

---

BTW,

Case(Status = "Outstanding";1;0)

is a superfluous way to write:

Status = "Outstanding

Many thanks for your response.

I changed the calculation to use IF PatternCount >0 then 1 else 0, which works.

Regards, Mark.

IMHO you should investigate the problem rather then sweep it under the carpet, so to speak.

I have found what my problem was:

I was using RightValues( Self ; 1 ) to input the radio set button value which causes a carriage return to be added to the end of the value.

I found out that by using GetValue( Self ; ValueCount( Self ) ) stops the carriage return being added to the end of the value.

I have tested and it works with my original calculation.

Regards, Mark.

This topic is 3542 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.