Server Maintenance This Week. ×

some fields won't copy when duplicating a record or importing from another database

This topic is 3559 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

I am having a few problems, when I ask FM to duplicate a record it duplicates everything other then any characters that are listed. 

I cannot understand why it is not copying them over, the same thing happens when I try to input data from another database that is the same field names, it imports everything but will not let me copy over the characters. 

Please can someone help.

I had a database that contained all the information for 143 scenes and wanted to import them into this new improved version that had more button options etc etc, but I don't really want to have to write out the characters again for every seven.

can anyone help me please. I have attached the new improved version that has only a few scene files in it so hopefully someone can see why the characters would copy across. I am guess the problem with importing records from another database and the duplicating a record are the same thing.

thanks in advacne

sarah

Crowd Breakdown Template backup copy 4.fmp12.zip

I haven't looked very far, and this may not be the problem, but the "Characters List" field is a calculation field:

List ( Characters::c_Character )

c_Character is a calculation field:

If ( IsEmpty ( Standins ) and IsEmpty ( Doubles ) ; Total & " - " & Character )

Hi

I Think that that is for the actual report as I cannot see that in the scene details page. 

There is a calculation in the character table, where it adds up the adults and children. Is that the problem

Is there a way round it whereby if I was to import information from a database that was an exact duplicate and to merge the fields. I thought someone had done it before on the database, but I have tried a few things and cannot seem to get it to input them from another database.

Am i hitting a brickwall because there is a wall???

thanks

This topic is 3559 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.