Import Crashing FileMaker

This topic is 3573 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Sorry if this topic has been covered before, I have searched and found nothing.

My problem happens when I attempt to import a file into FileMaker. When I go to File > Import Records > File, the second I click File, FileMaker closes without a trace. Nothing pops up as an error, no waiting symbol on the cursor, no nothing! I thought that was strange, so I restarted FileMaker, and sure enough, the same thing happened.

So I thought I would be clever and create a script to import the file I needed. Well you guessed it, the second I click "Specify Data Source" on the Import Records script step, the same exact thing happens. Closes without a trace.

When I start FileMaker again, there is no error message or indication that the whole program just crashed. I am relatively new to FileMaker and have been having a difficult time troubleshooting this issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

The file I am trying to import is an .xls file, not sure that it matters considering I haven't even gotten that far while attempting to import.

So I actually fixed the issue myself, go figure.

Turns out there was a conflict with a plug-in demo I had installed and "uninstalled" (thought it was COMPLETELY uninstalled).

The plug-in was still hiding under AppData/Local/....etc. and would crash FileMaker anytime I tried to open, or import or anything on the menu basically. Deleted the extension, and VIOLA, it all works.

My next step was to reinstall FM, but now I don't have to.

Hopefully this can help someone later down the road.

Thank you for the reply Kris M as well!

This topic is 3573 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.