Account user name and password

This topic is 3545 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a large database for several clients. I want to take advantage of the Web Publishing and give access to some clients so they can view their own data only. 

The database has a field with the customers name so it can searched or sorted by the clients name.

How can I achieve this ?

Thank you.

I know little enough about this and can't give you detailed instructions, but you need to investigate Privilege Sets to establish the security you seem to need. You can specify which user has access to which data. Trying to achieve this by having a field with the customer name is not enough. Others here will have more detailed instructions perhaps.

Search here in FMF for "record level access" or "RLA" for information on this.  

Basically, the concept is that you set a privilege so a user can only view records that meet a test.  If the test fails, the user cannot see the record.  Commonly, when a record is created an entry is made in a field to set the user's Account Name.  This does require, of course, that all users have an individual and unique Account.

Steven

This topic is 3545 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.