Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Pop-over/Drop-down menu with tab controls / Go to Object script

This topic is 3551 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

I'm in the process of designing a Filemaker Go 13 solution for my company. One of the layouts has six questions which the relevant response in Pop-over menus. I have also set the tab order which opens the next questions Pop-over answer options.

Once the last question has been answered I'd like to highlight a button.I realise that the tab order for iOS does not recognise buttons. I have tried to use the following with no success.

Script Trigger on last question field:

OnObjectModify with script GoTo Object naming the button I would like to highlight

At the moment the script trigger is ignored and the first question is highlighted again, as in the tab order going in a loop.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Zab

Once the last question has been answered I'd like to highlight a button.

Have you considered using Conditional Formatting?

Since I assume that you mean “once all questions have been answered”, that approach would also take care of answers being entered out of sequence.

Yes I have used conditional formatting on my MAC version of Filemaker to create the iPad database but the script trigger is not working when I test on my iPad Air.

On the last Pop-up I have put an OnObjectModify script trigger. The script associated to the trigger is Go to Object [Object name: "Button Name"] 

It works on the Mac but not on the iPad. It just ignores the trigger and goes directly to the first Tab.

I have added a file to show the problem.

Popup Tigger issue.fmp12.zip

This topic is 3551 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.