Sync must be initiated from offline database

This topic is 3562 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I want to sync an existing database which I accidently used offline.

So I have two files haveing basicly the same structure, but some hundret records in a few tables are out of sync.

The goal is to get the records existing in the offline version only into the online version.

Because I have serial numbered PKeys I cannot simply export and import , because there's an overlap as some new records have been created in the online version.

So I setup the free MirrorSync to give it a shot.

I setup MirrorSync on my workstation as i did not want to fiddle with the server.

I created the MirrorSync Tables and Layouts and the scripts as advised by the MirrorSync Frontend.

I setup the relations in MirrorSync so I get coherent records in the online database.

After having everything setup I closed the offline version on the server and downloaded it to my workstation.

I even kicked out all my startup related stuff in both versions (online & offline)

Went to the MirrorSync Layout (offline) and hit the SyncButton.

It looked promising at first, but the Skript seems to be stuck in a loop whilst prompting:

"Status: Waiting for response from MirrorSync server..."

And the MirrorSync Frontend show one error:

"java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: For FileMaker Pro/Go, the sync must be initiated from the offline database."

What's going on there?

Am I totally wrong and this tool wont do what I want or is there something else amiss?

post-106593-0-34404100-1408124646_thumb.

post-106593-0-54830500-1408124650_thumb.

This topic is 3562 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.