Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Have fms12, can't afford 13 at the moment, options for sync?

This topic is 3540 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

First post in this website, hope I'm not in the wrong place (I wasn't sure if I should've posted on the Import/Export forums).

I'm a novice who has been tasked to sync 2 tables with all their records (They have the same fields) between a local computer and the online database. The process of importing it is rather easy thanks to the Import Records script step within filemaker 12, the problem comes with exporting them since there are no options to directly put them into the online database.

I've Googled a lot and I've found some (paid) Frameworks that do that.. no integration within Filemaker to do the sync apparently. Then I found FMEasysync and I was excited.. then I saw it was for FM13, which we don't have.

Is there any solution that can be implemented within FMS12?

Yes. You "import to export". That is, create External Data Sources in the local file to the hosted file. Then, simply import into those external data source tables (you're "importing to export"). I would suggest "transfer" tables, that are then "processed" to your actual data tables in the hosted file.

However, EasySync offers many advantages to the import method, so save your pennies and upgrade to this method when you can.

This topic is 3540 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.