Server Maintenance This Week. ×

No Hover on graphic button

Cateleb

This topic is 3514 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, did something change ?.  I have graphics ( eg logos) that I made into buttons and have the border change when the cursor hovers over it.  I'm now unable to replicate it.  In layout mode it no loger has the 'normal, hover, pressed, in focus' drop down, only normal.  The existing buttons still work and I can turn a graphic into a button, but the hover thing isn't available 

Cate

Hi Cate,

Nothing has changed in this respect since objects states were first introduced in FMP12, and what you've observed is correct behavior.  I think I can clarify what's going on.  When you simply paste a graphic onto a layout ("Insert > Picture…"), there are no states available in the drop-down (other than "normal") that can be styled differently.  Even if you turn the graphic into a button ("Format > Button Setup…"), the graphic will still not gain the different states.  This agrees, of course, with your current observation.

If, otoh, you create the button as a button object from the outset, using the button tool, you can then use your graphic as an image fill for the button.  Buttons created with the button tool do have all four states available for individual styling.  I suspect this is how you created those previous image-based buttons with hover, etc., effect.  This works the same in versions 12 and 13, so you should be able to replicate your former success by going this route.  For this exact reason, buttons defined as buttons and given image fills are much more versatile than those created out of graphics pasted directly onto the layout.

hth,

Mark

• Like 1

This topic is 3514 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.