Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Text to Base64 with no CF or plugin ...

This topic is 3482 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm looking for a way to convert text to and from Base64.

Cant use a plugin and can't use a custom function (they are usually recursive and thus limited to processing string size)

I could convert the Base64 encoded string to a data.txt file and export the file and read it but I can't export and read back in this application.

Is there a way to read the contents of a container file without exporting it yet? ...

Any amazing technique ideas would be much appreciated.

Charles

P.S. Technically it does not have to be Base64, just a format 100% web transportable and postable.

It isn't clear what you're trying to accomplish. Is your source data plain text in a FileMaker field, a .txt file in a container field, or a binary file of some non-text type? If you already have the text to convert, isn't it already "web transportable and postable"? Can you describe what you want to achieve for your users without referencing any FileMaker techniques that might be involved in the implementation? Since a custom function came to your mind, have you considered a looping script that would do the same thing as a recursive custom function (which would not have the custom function recursion limit)?

This topic is 3482 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.