Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Scheduled Server Side scripts - User validation fails

This topic is 3474 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

When I try to create (or edit)  a new side server scheduled script with FMS

I get the following prompt when entering user full access credentials to select a script from one my hosted files:

"No scripts are available for the specified account"

If I have recently restarted the server, in spite of the warning I can still click the Next button and continue with the configuration of the scheduled event.

After leaving the script running by itself for a little while, the script will abort due to authentication errors and when I try to re-edit the event, this time I won't be allowed to pass the 

"No scripts are available for the specified account"

Very frustrating. Obviously no changes to script names or privileges have been done during this time. FMS server just breaks on its own.

Anyone please, any ideas of what could be the problem here.

I am using FMS 13.04 on a Mac Pro with OS X 10.9.5

I have had many issues with FMS since I migrated our solution to FM13 from FM11, with a new server machine and all new FM software.

I don't know if the root of my problems comes from the server configuration. For instance, I can only access the Admin console from the local host machine.

localhost:16001/admin-console

if I try with the actual LAN ip address from the same computer or any other in the network:

192.168.1.4:16001/admin-console

I get an error

I mention this in case someone could see a connection here with my other issue.

David,

I haven't seen that issue. Admittedly, don't edit script schedules that often though.

Have you checked the file for issues with FMP's Recover option? I wonder if something isn't tweaked in your file.

Have you checked for any helpful messages in the FMS Event or Access logs?

As for the Admin Console issues, I definitely *have* seen that. It seems to largely revolve around problems with the files used as flags to signal which FMS components have started, and launchd (used to start various daemons) not starting up FMS components as expected. Sometimes the firewall/security mechanisms have also been involved.

First thing you could try. In the Terminal, type:

fmsadmin restart adminserver

Then note the commands output and anything logged in /Library/FileMaker Server/Logs or /var/log/system.log.

Simon

This topic is 3474 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.