All objects on a layout revert to Default Style of Theme?

This topic is 3337 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Every now and then, upon going into Layout Mode and back to Browse Mode, all layout objects revert to the Default Style of the Layout Theme.  The overall theme and other layouts remain unaffected.  What might be causing this?

I have never had this issue when using FileMaker 13 Advanced on a Mac.  It happened consistently when using FileMaker 12 Advanced on a PC, so I assumed the issue was with using Filemaker 12 on layouts that were mostly made in 13...  but today it happened a few times when using FileMaker 13 Advanced on a PC.  

The database is using a custom theme, similar to the built-theme called Enlightened.  Its happened on a variety of layouts.

• 3 months later...
  • Newbies

I have been experiencing this too, on both PC and Mac with Filemaker 13 Advanced.  All of a sudden, any given layout will revert to its theme defaults, and I have to go through and reapply all styles.   It's frustrating and causing a lot of extra work at times.  Also, I've tried "Undoing" it when I've seen it happen, but that doesn't work.  

Hi RKE, and welcome to the FM Forums,

The Original Poster, Holly,  was using 12 and the save as a custom theme was available. In 13, you can save styles and themes and the should not revert if done properly. I have had trouble getting the Custom theme to accept the change of a “Default”, but the FileMaker themes I have save as Custom seem to be ok.

THT

Lee

This topic is 3337 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.