Runtime kioskmode goes fullscreen, how to change?

kiosk

This topic is 3412 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello!

I've created a runtime-sollution that I run in kioskmode, but when I do it goes fullscreen (the layout is about 800x600 in the upper left corner and the rest of the screen goes black). I would like to run it in windowed mode. Is that possible?

I hope I posted this in the right forum.

I use Windows 7 and FM Pro 13 Advanced.

Thank you in advance!

Kiosk mode's purpose is to run in full-screen mode. Note that it only activates when the file is opened using a non-Full Access user account. If you log in using a Full Access account, then you will get windowed mode.

If you want a runtime version that doesn't open in full screen mode for any users, then simply do not enable kiosk mode at all when you create the runtime using FMP Advanced. 

Does this help?

• Newbies

Kiosk mode's purpose is to run in full-screen mode. Note that it only activates when the file is opened using a non-Full Access user account. If you log in using a Full Access account, then you will get windowed mode.

If you want a runtime version that doesn't open in full screen mode for any users, then simply do not enable kiosk mode at all when you create the runtime using FMP Advanced. 

Does this help?

Thank you for replying.

I'm doing a database for a compound that collects information about crofts (photographs, history, all the people who lived there etc.) and they are going to burn it to DVD and give away. I just want a clean runtime with a picture of the croft, "next", "previous", "search" and a couple more options so they can browse through it or search for people who lived there what year and so on.

I just want them to have read-permission 'cos all the information will already be in the database.

Pardon my bad english btw. :)

• 2 weeks later...

You could try running a script at startup/open of file that resizes the window to ScreenHeight and ScreenWidth.... also, make sure your layout object's auto-sizing options are set so that they are not anchored to any side - this will keep them centered... 

See attached screenshots....

post-110150-0-66432400-1416832854_thumb.

post-110150-0-00681400-1416832863_thumb.

This topic is 3412 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.