Duplicate / Stale / Ghost Users

2crabs

This topic is 3184 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Good morning all,  we run several FMS12 windows servers with both FileMaker GO and FM13 clients.  Very recently, we started to notice occasional duplicate / stale / ghost users in the client list on the server side.  It occurs most often in the wireless / GO clients.  It would appear a connection to the server is dropped, and when the client (GO) re-authenticates, it is occasionally starting a new session/client on the server without releasing the old one.  This is wreaking havoc as the new session claims the old session has records in use, etc. The problem has also occurred on FM13 clients (wired)!

We are not aware of any changes to our server configuration or GO clients.  We have, however, recently switched non-iPad clients to FM13.

Any advice as to how to track this problem down would be appreciated.

first thing is to make sure the admin console is actually reporting accurate numbers.  Close all admin consoles and run this from the command line:

fmsadmin restart adminserver

This does not affect the users, just the admin part of FMS.

Then launch the admin console again and see what the numbers say...

• Newbies

Thank you for responding.  If i understand you, i'm running this from the windows command line (CMD) on an affected server?  When I do - i get the error:  fmsadmin is not recognized as an internal or external command.....

• 8 months later...
  • Newbies

Morning all - the duplicates are real.  We are (still) seeing instances of (mostly FM Go) clients listed with multiple connection times.  When the second (to nth) iPad connects, an error message appears indicating the same iPad has the record locked.  Any ideas to combat this are still appreciated.   

This topic is 3184 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.