Need CF Help on Salary Increase

This topic is 3441 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi I need help in creating a custom function to calculate a salary increases based on the Starting Monthly Salary. Here's my scenario;

I have 2 Tables

Employee --< Employee Pay

The EMPLOYEE table will contain a Field with the Starting Salary; this will be the base value of the employee. Anytime the employee receives an increase, that will be added to the EMPLOYEE PAY table.  In our organization, increases can come as a Flat amount or at times a percentage increase.  Is it possible to create a Custom Function for this?  

What I had in mind was to have a Increase Type field in the Employee Pay table, and depending on the selection.  Also, the calculation will be a sequential order by Effective Date of the increase.

I'm a Novice when dealing with complicated Calculations. 

Any suggestions?

Thank

Is it possible to create a Custom Function for this?

Possible, yes. Worthwhile? I doubt it. IMHO, it would be best for every salary change to lookup the previous salary's amount (either through a self-join relationship, or from a calculation field in the parent record) and calculate the resulting salary amount by applying the increase to the looked up value. The current salary would be simply the value of the resulting amount in the last record of salary changes. And the starting salary should be the first record in this table.

This topic is 3441 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.