Charting summary fields from related table

thomasjpr

This topic is 3417 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am using FMP13 to generate reports for clients of the performance of their online advertising. Just some very basic metrics. I have had no problems getting the parts to summarize the metrics for all ads of a certain type (display, search, etc.).

I am also trying to display charts showing a monthly breakdown -- this is where I'm having an issue. The monthly metrics are in a related table, the records of which are created through a portal in the ad campaign editor. 

My charts are only charting months for the first record of each ad type, not summarizing totals for each month of each ad type as I had hoped. What's the missing piece here? I've tried different parts and everything that I can think of. This is possible right? Hopefully you can make sense of this. Thanks! 

Hi Thomas, welcome to FMForums!  :-)

When looking to a related table (monthly metrics), FileMaker only sees the first related record which probably explains why you get one result each.  It sounds like the chart should be generated in the monthly metrics table itself but it would help if you could zip and attach a simple file demonstrating the issue.

This topic is 3417 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.