Sign in to follow this  
odigre

Container field to show image based on values in other field.

This topic is 1992 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

I make a database for the stones of Nidaros Cathedral in Trondheim/Norway.

Would like to make a container field that shows a image based on values in another field.

Detailed description:

I have 200000 stones with unik numbers. There is a field that shows a number for which part of the walls the stone is located.
I want a container field that shows a map/photo, based on the numeric value.

Anyone with a easy detailed explanation?

Hi odigre and welcome to the FMForums,

I moved your topic from "FileMaker 13 General Discussion" to "Relationships” because your Profile shows that you are using FileMaker version 12 and because your question sound like you will be needing to form a relationship between the container field and the value of the other field.

Perhaps if you attach a copy of your file, we can see better what you need.

To attach a file, see this Link ATTACH FILE

HTH

Lee

Edited by Lee Smith
Personalized the move topic

This topic is 1992 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Answers
      Our people out in the field take photos which go directly into the container fields, we would like those photos to automatically transfer to the camera roll/gallery. I know there is an export command and that would allow the techs to export and choose the location, save image etc... But that is a tad too complicated for them.
      Any suggestions on how to automate this process, the script for export field contents doesn't have a choice to save to camera roll.
      Thank you!
      Caroline
    • By innodat
      Does anyone know how to fix an image from appearing too small within a container in WebDirect? In FMP it fills the container. Tried to "play" with most settings relating to containers, including margins, frame, etc. - no success. The problem presents itself in Safari in macOS Catalina, as well as Edge on Windows 10

See image attached.
      I sure hope this isn't a bug! Because if it's a bug then it will get fixed... well, never. 

• By stuee
      Hi,
      I have a container which i click on and take a photo on my ipad and it shows in the container. I want to be able to click that image on the ipad or pc to view the image full size after. How can i do this?
    • By Gismo12
      Hi,
      How will I approach to delete all records in a table where the container is empty.
      I tried a few scripts but ran into problems with most of them.
      Loop stayed in a loop
      I tried calculating container length and delete if length is zero, but the field does not calculate to a zero even if i set default to zero
    • By Jhon Doe
      Hi everyone
      i'm new in filemaker, i'm using filemaker 17 and currently i'm involve in a proyect but i have a problem that i can't resolve, maybe someone of you have had the same problem.  
      I'm saving images in base64 format in a database to show them in a layout with web viewer,that doesn't has any problem, the problem is that i'm using a portal and i didn't know that portals don't support web viewer. I have to display those images but i can't remove the portal since i didn't do that layout and it has scripts using it along with the portal, is there a way to show images saved in base64 without use web viewer? (I've already tried to use container field but it only show a "?" image 😓 )

My English is not the best but I tried my best ,Thanks for your help

• Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    Ocean West 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.