Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Remotely store image in a container field

This topic is 3414 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello all,

I'm looking a simple feature in my database, I'm sure it is possible but I can't figure out to achieve it :

I have a local database for my personal use (I don't use a filemaker server, and I will not)

in 4 containers fields I need to have some picture

but if I import directly the picture in the database (almost 2000 records) it will have more or less 8000 picture inside. impossible !!! 

If I store the image on my mac outside the database, it's ok but I need to use some copy of this database on my iphone or ipad, so I can take on those device copy of the 8000 pictures !

I want to put all the images on a server I have and use the url of each image in the database, and the container field will show the image from the internet like that, if I consult the base from my iphone, I will still see the image.

I don't know how to do that !?

any help will be appreciate :-))

Laurent

• Newbies

yes it is a solution, easy one but if I want the cool feature seen in the "product catalog" from Filemaker example solution :

3 or 4 container where you can drag an image directly and it will save (upload) automaticaly to my remote web server. is there a way to do that ? 

This topic is 3414 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.