Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Filemaker Go with portals

This topic is 3410 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am using "SCGetContainer()" with unstored calculation fields in hosted FMPro11 for portals.

But as FMGo can't use SC companion plugin, FMGo can't show the portals.

I think using stored calculation fields insted unstored fields solves this problem.

Could you give me any suggestions?

A stored calculation might work, but it wouldn't be as dynamic as your current situation. Our recommended practice in this situation is as follows:

Remove any references to a container in your portal and set up a web viewer next to the portal that links to your SuperContainer installation. Set up a script trigger (e.g. OnObjectEnter) so that when you click on a portal row, a script sets the web viewer to the SuperContainer URL for that row's record. This way, it's as up to date as using SCGetContainer in an unstored calc, but works on FMGo and also uses less network traffic than unstored calc (since it doesn't necessarily download the whole SuperContainer data). The one downside is of course that only one record's data can be seen at a time.

• Newbies

Thanks Evan,

A Row's record has five thumbnails.

When I click one of these thumbnails on one of rows, a web viewer shows big one on new window.

I can this on hosted Filmaker pro but FileMaker Go as client.

Your suggestion seems doesn't show thumbnail in portal.

You're right, my suggestion doesn't provide for thumbnails in the portal. If you're committed to that functionality, you may be able to use your current method, but using Perform Script on Server to populate containers with SCGetContainer on the server side, allowing your FMGo users to still see those thumbnails.

This topic is 3410 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.