Sign in to follow this  
ron G

A quick layout question...

I think I have early Alzheimers.  I used to know this but now I don't... go figure

At the bottom left corner of my layout is:  100  - + StatusBare Browse/Find etc..

Question:  "How do i make this are 'nonfunctioning' or invisible to the user?

Thanks

I don't know any way of hiding that menu but you could prevent the user from entering layout mode by limiting access to layouts in the permissions. You could prevent them from entering find mode by using a script trigger that is assigned to the layout.

I have created a Point of Sale solution that runs on a desktop using a touch screen and on FMGO. I found it necessary to use Kiosk Mode to hide everything in the native FileMaker GUI.

I think I have early Alzheimers.  I used to know this but now I don't... go figure

At the bottom left corner of my layout is:  100  - + StatusBare Browse/Find etc..

Question:  "How do i make this are 'nonfunctioning' or invisible to the user?

Thanks

You would probably need to play around with it but in the New Window Script step you can select "Specify Advanced Style" and one of the option is the Zoom Control Area to be displayed or not.

>>>>

• Like 1

You would probably need to play around with it but in the New Window Script step you can select "Specify Advanced Style" and one of the option is the Zoom Control Area to be displayed or not.

>>>>

YEP!  That did it.  Thanks for the 'nudge'.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Calvin Tomm
      In list view I want to be able to "grab" an object so I can move the record up or down in the found set. Is there a way to do this? It would be just like how an item on an list in an iPhone gets moved up or down. For example, on a play list in Music, I can change the order of songs to be played.
      Also, I would like to have this capability when I move my solution over to FileMaker Go
      Thanks!
    • By amerioca
      Hi everybody,

I recently amended a db from an old Lynda course, controlling shore excursions for river cruise ships. For my limited expertise (I am still a rookie at the very best) the construction is somewhat complex as there is many vessels, different routes, different charterers and consequently different shore excursion programs and prices. In some cases the shore excursion program of different vessels and operators is similar but not the same and so on.
      I have 7 different tables partly related (pls see graph attached):

For every journey ::customers and ::trip are assigned a tour code and date (“tour code” is not unique as journeys repeat themselves during the season, “Tour Code” in conjunction with “Date” is unique)
      Every tour operator/vessel has many trips on every journey. All table occurences and fields are uniquely defined by unique id.
      Now I want to create an opening layout reflecting all relevant cruise information such as passenger list from ::customer and ::trip (shore excursions) for the specific journey, as well as other information in text fields.
      But I seem to be unable to get the right relationship and layout setups together. I tried all possible relations and layout setup combination but nothing worked so far.  
      On the same layout I was able to either retrieve the passenger list from ::customer for each journey or the offered shore excursion (trip) list from ::trip  but not both together on one layout.

What is it, I am doing wrong? Any ideas are appreciated

• By Gismo12
      Hi All,
      I need to copy one field only from one layout (+- 200 records) and past all those records from that field into another layout.
      I have tried a few commands but does not produce the required result.
      Please could you advise on a script?
    • By V!ncent
      Hi there,
      I have a topic that can take the chosen value in a vertical radio buttons list.
      But some values in this list have a description so long that it can not be displayed on one line. So I need a "return to line" in the list of radio buttons. (see attached photo)
      How to do ?
      Thank you for your wise advice.
      V!ncent

• By Arno
      Hi There,
       I’m pretty new with using Filemaker, but still I built a solution that fits pretty all my needs (for now…)
      I’m still experiencing one big problem with my solution for which I would need help.
      Here’s the context : I run a little company. We receive financial reports every quarter.
      All quarterly reports ( Excel file or csv file) have the exact same form.
      I then created a layout based on the table created when importing the csv that works properly.
      My need: as I’m to receive a new financial report on next quarters (Q12018, Q22018, Q32018 etc.), I would like to pull the new data from my Main layout.
      Is there a way of having a layout pull the data from the new table (actually whatever table) to be created each time I’ll be importing a new Financial Report without getting rid of the original data (which I would like to keep in place, for obvious reasons)? Let’s say from a pull down?
      Thank you very much for your help and don’t hesitate to get back to me if my explanations aren’t clear enough.
  • Who Viewed the Topic

3 members have viewed this topic:
    ryan360Works  john renfrew  persistentfool 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.