Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Managing multiple clients with MirrorSync

This topic is 3401 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Lets say I have more than one client on my solution and I have 20 sync licenses. How are others preventing one client from using more than their allotted amount of licenses? I suppose I could add some custom scripting in the customization script that checks a variable for how many they are allowed and checks to see how many they are using? Since my files are offline of course, this variable would need to be synced as well. Curious as to how others are managing this.

The recommended approach would be to run a separate MirrorSync license for each client. Since there is no base cost for MirrorSync, you would not be paying any more in this model, and you could segment the licenses on a per-client basis. There might be some small cost variation, because on the one hand, you might not get the same volume discount for devices, but on the other hand, you get a free configuration and device for each instance, so it's probably a wash.

If you want to manage this yourself through scripting, there's nothing wrong with that approach, but it's not one that I've tried to implement. Maybe somebody else can offer some advice on that approach.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I hadnt considered that as an option. And there are no issues with seperate mirrorSync licenses using one server? If not, I guess the only downside would be if a client churns and the new client has less users, I am stuck with extra users that I cant use - unless those are somehow transferrable to another license.

This topic is 3401 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.