I have an mdb file-can I get the data into FMP 5?

This topic is 8050 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a Microsoft Data Base file that I need to get info out of. It isn't a true Access database file, it came from my companies propriatary database with an mdb extension. Is there any way I can get the info into my FMP 5 database? I am using the Mac OS verison of FMP 5. Any suggestions? Is it even possible?

When the data is just a textfile (no matter what kind of seperators are used) you could try the File Toolbox plugin (for Mac and Win). I used this to prepare a file where the fields had a fixed lenght (filled with spaces) and a ; as fieldseparator.

You can remove the spaces and replace the fieldseparator for a TAB. FileMaker likes TAB separated files. The plugin is free at http://www.protolight.com/

Bert

When you say a "Microsoft Database File" do you mean that it is currently used on the Windows platform and your issue is moving the data from Windows to Mac?

If so, you can install your friendly, cross-platform Filemaker on your Windows computer. Export your database file and save as a tab-separated file. Import into Filemaker(on Windows). Save to a floppy. Import from the floppy into Filemaker on your Mac.

This topic is 8050 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.