Unlimited capable of this?

This topic is 8495 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I would like to use FMP5 Server and FMP5 Unlimited running on two NT boxes (one server and other workstation) to publish 15 DBs to an intranet of approx. 125 users of which only 10 to 15 will be concurrent users at any given time. The DBs are mostly less than 5000 records. The environment is a Novell Network 4.1x, Windows 95 clients.

Question: Are FMP5 Server and FMP5 Unlimited capable of handling this environment or do I have to look at something like Cold Fusion? I understand FMP5 Unlimited is single-threaded? True?

Mike

quote:

Originally posted by Mike Precious:

I would like to use FMP5 Server and FMP5 Unlimited running on two NT boxes (one server and other workstation) to publish 15 DBs to an intranet of approx. 125 users of which only 10 to 15 will be concurrent users at any given time. The DBs are mostly less than 5000 records. The environment is a Novell Network 4.1x, Windows 95 clients.

Question: Are FMP5 Server and FMP5 Unlimited capable of handling this environment or do I have to look at something like Cold Fusion? I understand FMP5 Unlimited is single-threaded? True?

If you are looking for a way to avoid buying copies of Filemaker (or a site license) then, no this will not work. The web interface is designed to enable access to the data via a web browser, but it is not a replacement for a copy of Filemaker.

If you are simply looking to give web users access to your databases then you are well within capabilities of this product setup.

FMP client (including Unlimited) is single-threaded, although whether the users will actually be impacted by this is unknown, since you did not say what the users would be doing.

The web interface is powerful, but not a replacement for a copy of FMP. As long as you keep this in mind you should be fine.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This topic is 8495 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.