Server Maintenance This Week. ×

WPE and Port 443

This topic is 3348 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We're using MirrorSync to sync a single local file on an iPad with a served solution. All has been working fine for almost 3 weeks, until the FileMaker server needed an OS security update. Now MirrorSync no longer works.

Even though the WPE is started, the Web Server does not start or enable. PHP and XML are both checked, but do not enable, thus MirrorSync cannot do it's job.

The Server is a Mac Pro, OSX 10.8.5. Even though the security update did not appear to change java, I think the issue may be java related. Whenever MirrorSync jnlp is started, the window cannot display correctly. It must be moved to refresh and display. This is true of other java apps. The Finder window when displaying any preview icon flutters the icon constantly. 

Other ports are also disabled. AdminConsole access is only possible on the server, not from a client machine, and the server is using the address "localhost" rather than the IP address of the server. When the IP address is typed, the AdminConsole cannot be found. 

SafetyNet is working correctly.

I appreciate any suggestions on how to resolve this issue. Do I need a fresh install of FMS?

Thanks,

Michele

Hi Michele - I'm not sure of what is causing the problem, but I would start with a reinstall of FileMaker Server. Make sure that your Web Publishing Engine is working correctly before moving on to MirrorSync.

You can test the web server and WPE by going to this address:

http://yourServer/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-dbnames

That should show an XML list of available databases. If you get an error message for that address, then the problem is the OS or FMS, not MirrorSync. Once you have that URL working, you'll probably need to re-run the MirrorSync installer, because reinstalling FMS will remove the customizations that MirrorSync makes.

• Newbies

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for your advice. That's the decision I've come to as well after reading many posts on FM Community. The security update for the OS changed something so that FMS does not have control of the correct ports. I plan a fresh install this evening after clients are off the system. I knew it wasn't a MIrrorSync issue, but thought you might offer a clue or direction.

Thanks again,

Michele

This topic is 3348 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.