Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM13 server crashing after MirrorSync install

This topic is 3340 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi I'm running FM13 on a Mac running OSX 10.9.4 (not server) and it's been running fine for several months. However I installed MirrorSync on it on Monday and so far the server has crashed every night this week. The green tick on WebServer and Web Publishing Engine go grey and attempting to connect to database via the web give an out of memory error.  Trying to restart apache with sudo /Library/FileMaker Server/HTTPServer/bin/httpdctl graceful fails with an error and the only way to fix the issue is to reboot the server.

The server does get backed up every night so I'm thinking this might be something to do with the crashes, however it's been fine for months and only started crashing since MirrorSync was installed. That can't be coincidence. I can find nothing in the logs regarding errors with memory or MirrorSync. I can't find a MirrorSync log or where MirrorSync is actually installed.

Any advice appreciated.

Paul.

Hi Paul - from the separate log you sent me, I can see where the web server responded successfully at 3:12:13 AM and then did not respond when we checked again 10 minutes later at 3:22:13.

There is not much activity from MirrorSync going on - we just run a periodic task every 10 minutes to update a timestamp field in your hosted database file. This involves 4 HTTP requests to the XML Web Publishing Engine and usually completes in about 35 milliseconds on your server.

If you suspect that this might be the reason that the server becomes unresponsive, then delete that configuration from MirrorSync (export it first so that you can easily add it back in later) and wait a day or two. If there are no configurations, then MirrorSync does not make any requests to FileMaker at all. If the problem stops after doing that, then it's possible that this 10 minute periodic task is causing the problem, and we can investigate further.

• Newbies

Thanks Jesse,

I've removed backup processes and that seems to have stopped the crashing so I'm not much wiser as to whether it's MirrorSync, or the backups, or a combination, that are causing it. However we've implemented another backup procedure and this seems to be OK with MirrorSync still  running. So far no crashes from the server either.

Thanks Paul.

This topic is 3340 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.